- Turnip – cut into 4 pieces
- Carrot, cauliflower – as required
- Salt – per taste
- Turmeric – a pinch
- Black peppercorns – 4
- Green Chili – per taste
- Spring onion
- Boil cut veggies in water just 1 level above the veggies
- Add salt and Turmeric
- Give 1 boil, then simmer for few minutes.
- In a clean and dry glass bottle, add coarsely crushed mustard seeds or rai.
- Add the peppercorns, green chili, chopped spring onion and veggies which must be cool by now.
- Add water in sufficient quantity so that all veggies are submersed.
- Adjust salt quantity.
- Keep the tightly closed container in sun for 2-3 days after which it is ready to consume.
- This pickle needs to be consumed within a week