250 gm each for dry fruits – almonds, raisins, walnuts
100gm each of small cardamoms, poppy seeds, munakka/kali draksh, gond
1 kg each of wheat flour, sugar, ghee, bland(unsweetend) mawa
- Coarsely crush all dry fruits.
- Peel off cardamom skin and grind to form powder
- Fry gond on medium flame in ghee. Grind to form a paste.
- Roast mawa in little ghee till brownish in color.
- Sieve wheat flour and extract the husk to be discarded
- Roast wheat flour in remaining ghee on medium flame till it turns brownish.
- Add all dry fruits, cardamoms etc
- Make 1 string sugar syrup by boiling sugar in 3 glasses of water.
- Once sugar dissolves, regularly check for consistency which attains desired form within 7-10 minutes.
- While keeping wheat flour on slow flame and stirring at the same time, keep pouring syrup gradually
- In greased plates/containers, spread the mixture, flatten out and mark the pieces with knife