- Rice – 1 cup
- Gur – 3/4 cup
- Whole spice – 2 peppercorns, 1 bay leaf, 2 cloves
- Green cardamom powder – pinch
- Fennel seeds (saunf) – 1 pinch
- salt – 1/2 tsp
- Dry fruits – raisins, cashews, almonds – chopped, fried if required
- Wash and soak rice for around 30 min.
- Around the same time or overnight, also soak jaggery in 1 cup water. If in hurry, just heat up the water enough for the jaggery to dissolve completely.
- In little ghee/oil, add whole spices then dry fruits.
- followed by rice, salt and fennel seeds.
- Half cook rice in 2 cups water.
- Add jaggery soaked water into the rice and cardamom powder.
- Cook like normal rice thereafter.
- Adjust water per the consistency required.
- Take care to not cook on high as jaggery gets burnt easily.