- Khoya – 1.25 cup
- Paneer – 0.5 cup
- Maida – 2 or 3 tbs
- pinch soda (optional)
- Oil for frying
- Green cardamom powder
- Sugar – 2 cup
- Water – 2 cup
- Rose essence – 2 drops
- Prepare 1 string syrup by boiling its ingredients on medium flame in a very thick bottomed vessel.
- Keep it warm on flame
- Mix Khoya, paneer and maida roughly with your hands in a bowl.
- Gradually add little water so as to knead a soft dough.
- Don’t knead too hard and take care to not leave cracks in the dough.
- Fry these in medium flame oil. Take care to evenly fry jamuns from all sides.
- Check initially with 1 ball, if it breaks then add more white flour.
- Add fried jamuns in warm syrup and let it rest for 2-3 hours for the flavor to sink in.