- Besan – 2 cups
- Green chilly paste – per taste
- Ginger garlic paste – 3/4 tsp
- Eno (preferred) – 1 pouch
- OR baking soda – 3/4 tsp
- salt – per taste
- lemon juice – 1 tbsp
- Rai – 1 tsp
- Sugar – 1 tsp
- Salt – per taste
- lemon juice (optional)
- chopped coriander leaves
- Slit green chilly – 2
- grated coconut – 1 tbsp
- water – 1 cup
- Sieve besan well to ensure there are no lumps
- Gradually keep adding water to it to form a thick paste
- rest it for 30 min
- Add other ingredients.
- Add ENO (or soda) only at the end, mix well and then when air bubbles start appearing, pour into your steaming (greased) container.
- Once steamed, let it cool for 5 min before cutting or extracting out from the container.
- For tempering , heat 1 tbsp oil in wok
- Add rai to it and cover else it splutters all over.
- Saute green slit chilies till done.
- Add water, salt and sugar. Bring to boil.
- Turn off the burner and add lemon
- Pour this on entire prepared dhokla spread carefully with spoon if required so that all pieces are well tempered.
- Garnish with chopped dhaniya and grated coconut
From GKK FB group –
Instant Rava Dhokla(Healthy breakfast or dinner)
Sour buttermilk or 1 cup curd mixed and bland with 3cups of water.
chopped green chillies,
salt, dhanajira pwdr, pinch of hing, pinch of baking soda
Mix everything and make a smooth batter like dosa.
grease a plate and pore. Sprinkle red chilly powder.
Steam it for 10 mins on high.
Once they are done cool them for a while. And cut. Make tadka using rai, dry red chilly, curry leaves. Garnish with coriander.