- Raw mango – 250 gm
- Mustard Oil – 1 cup
- Fennel seeds – 3 tbsp
- Fenugreek seeds – 2 tbsp
- mustard seeds – 2 tbsp
- kalonji – 1 tbsp
- salt – per taste
- Turmeric – 1/2 tsp
- red pepper powder – per taste
- Wash thoroughly raw mango. Dry and cut into cubes.
- Coarsely grind 2 tbsp each of fennel seeds, Fenugreek seeds and mustard seeds.
- Bring oil to smoking point.
- In a bowl, mix ground masala, kalonji, remaining (1tbsp) fennel seeds, salth, haldi, red pepper powder.
- Add oil to this masala.
- Toss mango cubes in this masala so that all are well covered.
- Take high precaution to have a clean and dry glass jar for long sustenance of the pickle
- Now add the tossed cubes with masala into this jar and cover with muslin cloth.
- Ensure there is sufficient oil to cover the entire mango mix.
- Keep in sun for maximum time and for initial few days stir every now and then.
- When the pickle shows some sign of being ready in terms of mango being reduced in size and releasing its sour flavor to the pickle, then cover the jar with its lid and let go of the cloth cover.