- White flour – 2 cup
- Milk – ¾ cup
- Butter at room temperature- ¼ cup
- Sugar – 4 tbsp OR per taste
- Dry active yeast – 1 tsp
- Salt – ½ tsp (as per taste)
- Oil – for frying oil
- Mix well all ingredients except milk.
- Knead the dough using lukewarm milk and mixed ingredients of step 1.
- Dough Kneading should be done for enough time (approx 2-3 min) to get a soft and non-sticky dough.
- Roll the dough into thick rounds of approx. 1/2″ . Use a tumbler to cut several round shapes and then use a bottle cap to cut out the inner part of doughnut.
- Imp: Smear all doughnuts with oil so that they don’t get dried while kept for 2 hr fermentation.
- After couple of hours, doughnuts would have risen due to fermentation.
- Fry them on low flame so that they are cooked well from inside.
- Dust them with powdered sugar while they are hot.