- Cashews(Kaju) – 1 cup
- Sugar – 1/2 cup
- Water (for syrup) – 1/4 cup
- Green cardamom (Elaichi) powder – 1/2 tsp
- Milk (optional, if required) – for kneading
- Ghee for greasing
- Grind cashews (at room temp) to a fine paste
- Make sugar syrup of 1 thread consistency in a heavy bottom vessel. check by dropping few drops in water bowl, these should flatten out as lines.
- Once syrup is prepared, add ground cashew and cardamom powder to it.
- Keep moving the mixture till it becomes non-sticky.
- with water smeared hands, try to form a small ball of mixture.
- If it comes out well, mixture is ready
- Take it out on a ghee smeared greasy surface.
- If course, knead using milk to forma a smooth dough
- then roll to the desired thickness and cut in to desired shapes